Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Z Nation

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by and138, Jul 31, 2014.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Well the
    sound alright. But with how cringe-worthy and cheesy it has been, I somehow doubt it's going to be done well.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Now that I've fully accepted the show is a joke, everything that happens from here on out will be hilarious and awesome in my opinion. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Something is still missing. I just can't put my finger on it.

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, according to those weird numbers amc put out awhile ago, 28 million watch when you add in dvr and repeats within 7 days

5. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

lmao. as usual folks are taking their entertainment a little too seriously
    I watched it, was ok....for the laugh, its no walking dead, but then I dint think it would be.
    its one of tho shows you can laugh at, just like sharknado, get drunk and laugh.
    its no wonder people on here like anything with picking holes with everything they see, just sit down, switch yer brain off, have a drink, and a laugh

6. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Ha-ha. I have an Aussie friend who lives in San Fran and she only just found out about Real Housewives of Melbourne because they're airing it there. She's got a dilemma. She loves to see footage of Melbourne to help her home sickness but watching the show makes her want to stab her eyes out. She's got one of those attraction/repulsion things going on where she watches it so she can go "There's Vic Market", "That's Southbank" and then she throws up at the rest of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

My betting was Bob. It just makes sense that someone would be immune. But I don't know whether they'll go there. It makes more sense than the Andrea/Gov romance though.

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

lol I can sympathize with that! a few years ago I worked in the States and the only Australian voice I heard the entire time was on the Qantas airlines ad lol

It's hard to describe how homesick you get when you don't hear the Aussie accent for a while! The closest thing I had to an Aussie accent there was my friend Jules from Liverpool lol

I watched a few episodes of Melb housewives, all the fighting stressed me out so I didn't watch anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CheesyBirdMess

I think most people realize it's 'for shits and giggles'. Just hard not to pick it apart, and compare. Especially when TWD is off right now - there just isn't a lot else to discuss.

I think most people are keen to watch again, for the Entertainment factor.

I think a large part of the entertainment, is to be able to pick it apart and say 'OMG How badly done was that Zombie Ninja Baby?". That's basically what The Asylum do, is make B-grade films with major cringe-worthy talking points, that are made to be discussed - and of course to Entertain. But mainly to get you talking and telling your friends.
    Because they know it will stick in your mind, and you'll tell someone about it who hasn't seen it and say "What? A Zombie Ninja Baby!? I HAVE to see this!". So then they'll buy or rent it and watch it with their friends, who will discuss it with their friends and on and on it goes. It's actually a pretty smart business strategy, really.

Obviously they're making money, and getting lots of viewers. So why not!

10. CheesyBirdMess

That's true, it's basically all done for "camp" value.

11. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yep, when I travelled around Europe my mother sent me an I Heart Melbourne t-shirt. I actually wore it. It was good for attracting Aussie attention. I'd be walking through a market or something and a booming Aussie voice would yell out "Hey, Melbourne" and we'd end up drinking together. And yes, if an Aussie is not near, Brits can make acceptable substitutes.

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

OMG, I love your avatar. :zombies_lol:

13. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

So does anyone know if this is playing in Australia? I haven't seen any advertising of it.

14. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

I actually just got done watching the first episode of Z-Nation and it was exactly what I expected from the SyFy channel, another piece of shit. I watched Defiance for 1 season and gave up on that too but I must admit I found many parts of ZN funny because of how badly it was done and I'll continue watching it until TWD returns in less than a month.
    The make-up effects on the zombies are terrible and you really appreciate what a genius Greg Nicotero and his team of effects artists are on TWD. The show seems to be good for 3 things, making me laugh, making fun of, and reading everyone's comments on this thread.

#94 The Wolf, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have foxtel & it's not on the syfy channel on foxtel.

Have you seen the first episode yet?

16. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have foxtel and haven't seen any advertising and I searched the foxtel tv guide and nothing matched. Stupid foxtel. Nope haven't seen the first episode.

17. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I'm confused about a human zombie hybrid

18. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Problem is it's not even funny in my opinion. If I want zombie comedy I'll just stick with the first three Return of the Living Dead flicks and Shaun of the Dead. This show requires you to shut your brain completely off and my brain can only be dialed down to one. I don't have a zero setting.

19. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

LOL, this is one of the worst shows I've ever seen that's what makes it so freak'in funny. If you want to laugh watch the SyFy Channel. Z- Nation is more comedy than serious zombie drama. Can't wait to see what they come up with next on this show.
    I don't know how to do the whole spoiler thing here but from what I've read from other forum members spoiler alerts its about to get even more ridiculous than it already is if that's possible.
    I'm going to keep watching and unlike others who have posted on this thread I don't need to get drunk to LMAO to think this shows a joke. I love it so far. :)

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Foxtel is going to be a lot cheaper on November 3!!

And more channels!

They're worried about Netflix starting in Australia next year..