Microsoft announced the November 2013 release of Dead Rising 3 exclusively to the Xbox One today at E3. Dead Rising 3 takes place ten years after Dead Rising 2, as a nationwide zombie outbreak has nearly decimated mankind. The game will follow Nick Ramos, a young mechanic with a mysterious past and an odd tattoo. Nick must escape a city full of zombies before military strike wipes out the city and its remaining inhabitants.
Game Features will include:
- A cinematic storyline with darker humor and more personable characters.
- Open-world gameplay and intelligent AI.
- Players will be able to create your own tools and weapons.
- Zombies will be able to cling to cars, affect the steering physics and attack while the player is driving.
- The game bills itself as easy to play and hard to master. Players will be able to explore the game at their own pace.
- Hardcore players will be able to face tough zombies in Nightmare mode.
- Players will be able to jump in and out of online co-op games at anytime.
- Co-op games will allow the player to help a friend advance, contribute to their own story progression and earn experience points for their own game.
- The game will feature Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration.
- SmartGlass will allow players to keep track of their progress with a mission check list, map and news ticker with real-time updates on zombie breakouts in the city.
- Xbox SmartGlass also allows you to keep track of your progress with a mission checklist and a map that helps locate hidden items and locations, and even features a news ticker of real-time updates on the zombie outbreak in Los Perdidos.
For more information on Dead Rising 3, visit the official website.