What’s the latest limited-time item you can find in Fortnite? It’s the Port-A-Fortress. What else is new in Epic Games’ latest patch?
The Port-A-Fortress is a rare item drop (because it’d break the game otherwise) but if you can stumble across it, you can instantly generate an imposing defensive fortress when you need it. It’s an expanded, more powerful version of the Port-A-Fort item with built-in Bouncers. Another new item will let you generate instant Spiky Stadiums, like the one above.
In other Fortnite news, Nintendo will be selling a Fortnite-themed Switch bundle this fall. The company likely knows that clueless parents come into game stores all the time trying to “buy that Fork Knife” for their kids, unaware that the game is free. In the Switch bundle it’s still free…so what’s the advantage?
Nintendo says “unique” weapons and outfits will be included, possibly items you can’t get any other way. 1,000 bonus V-Bucks will also be part of it, enough to purchase the Battle Pass. The Fortnite bundle costs $300, no more than the standard Switch.
But back to the patch….Epic’s full patch notes are below.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOARING SOLOS
Classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.
We’ve introduced a new consumable to the Playground LTM that will allow you to spawn an entire Spiky Stadium. We were inspired by the amazing things you’ve been making within Playground, and cannot wait to see what you create as we continue to build out the future of creative mode in Fortnite.
- Limited Time Item: Spiky Stadium
- Present in Playground only, found in red Supply Drops (along with a ton of impulse grenades).
- Builds a 7×11 sized stadium full of Damage Traps and Bouncers.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- It’s huge!
- Builds instantly.
- Includes built-in Bouncers for an easy exit.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Fixed an issue where there was a slight delay when consuming multiple Small Shield Potions.
- The Grappler will no longer result in an inability to change equipment.
- Reduced the edit button hold timing when using a controller.
- Old School from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Quick Builder from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Combat Pro from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Builder Pro from 0.25s to 0.15s.
- The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match.
- Reload audio for the Double Barrel Shotgun no longer plays twice.
- Unsupported characters within in-game names will now show up as �, rather than the fallback debugging font glyph that was previously used. Loading the fallback font was causing long hitches for clients, so we’ve disabled it.
- Fixed an issue causing the reticle to not appear until after you’ve switched weapons.
- Added new generic icons to represent console and desktop platforms for cross-platform play.
ART + ANIMATION
- Added edge glow to wall bounce pads, only visible from the reverse side. This is to help players recognize when a wall bounce pad is on the opposite side of a ledge in front of them.
- CUBE visual effects will no longer get stuck after a player has left the area.
- The Grill Sergeant Outfit will now render properly in-game.
- This fixes the issue where players were seeing a floating head and pickaxe.