What’s in the patch notes for the latest PUBG update? Both existing versions (PC and XBox) were patched over the last few days. What’s been improved over the previous versions?
The PC PUBG patch is rather light. The one main issue the patch was sent to fix was the fact that as all the players were waiting for the next match, they would spawn together in close proximity. No one playing the game had a problem with this, but it put a lot of strain on PUBG Corp’s servers, so that’s been changed. Other than a few cosmetic touch-ups, that’s about it.
PUBG Update #3 Patch Notes
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting areas on both maps in order to optimize the server and game client performance
- Removed weapons on starting island before the match start
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
Fixed the issue where players were able to slide-jump from prone
The XBox version needs a lot more work, and thus was given a more substantial update. An auto-run feature now exists; when players are standing still, clicking the left stick twice will make their character run on their own. You can now drop an equipped weapon from the inventory screen by pressing Y, and you can once again rotate through your stock of grenades by pushing right on the D-pad.
More was added as well; check the XBox patch notes below.
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double clicking L3 will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimizations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
“A” button will no longer refresh game results screen
Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate’s in-game map
Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes