Game sales took a surprising uptick in March, not the least of which was because of The Division, which was the months best selling game. Adding to the claims from Ubisoft that the title is its “best release ever”.
Also though, thanks to the sales of The Division, sales for video game software was up 8%. In other news, the Wii U had two surprises on the list, as Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Pokken Tournament both broke the top ten. What makes this more interesting is that these were the only console exclusive titles on the top 10.
Here is the full top 10 for March:
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Far Cry: Primal (PS4, XBO, PC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (NWU)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
- UFC 2 (PS4, XBO)
- MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Pokken Tournament (NWU)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS4, XBO, PS3)