Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Comments on Profile Post by ShaneFan

1. Shane357
    Shane357
    Hey!
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  2. Shane357
    Shane357
    I'm multitasking right now
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  3. Shane357
    Shane357
    What are you doing
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  4. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Me too! Did you get invite for WalkieTalkie? It's another TWD forum where most of us are in case this site goes down again? I'm spending time both here and there.
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  5. Shane357
    Shane357
    I think I might have but I haven't been paying much attention

Have the link?
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  6. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  7. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    And I've been working on my fanfic--almost complete with one! (Not "Spiral") How about you?
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  8. Shane357
    Shane357
    I'm hoping to work on mine when we go to the library
    My password for my email is in one of my bags for schoolwork and I'm lazy right now
    Will probably join tomorrow or this weekend
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  9. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    That's awesome. Whatever you work on, you can send it my way. That's okay, whenever you join is totally fine!
    Feb 28, 2017
  10. Shane357
    Shane357
    I hate that I'm lazy
    Feb 28, 2017
  11. Shane357
    Shane357
    I'm ten pounds overweight and the most I can say is at least I'm maintaining that weight
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  12. Shane357
    Shane357
    Working to lose it. I know that some people say being overweight is not bad but it really depends. If your overweight is due to muscle and actual body growth, then true. If you tell me as a diabetic(t1) that I am healthy then I won't like it because my weight can negatively affect my blood sugar.
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  13. Shane357
    Shane357
    Of course no one should hate someone else because of their weight but you can't say that weight doesn't matter at all.
    Feb 28, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  14. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    You know I like everything we talk about, but I don't want to like a comment where you are talking mean to yourself. Don't be hard on yourself--you're not lazy. And you will lose the weight. It takes time, but it's a great thing that you are nipping it in the bud. I'm saying this as your friend who is 10+ pounds overweight and I've been up and down my whole life.
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  15. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    True, if you have diabetes, your weight can effect your blood sugar. I will encourage you in your weight loss journey. One thing I find helpful is to buy the little portion control cups. I got them for cheap at Bed Bath and Beyond.
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  16. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Weight definitely matters -- I mean to be overweight and underweight can be unhealthy. I just don't want you to be hard on yourself or put yourself down.
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  17. Shane357
    Shane357
    Gtg for a few minutes
    Feb 28, 2017
  18. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Okay, I'll be here for a bit.
    Feb 28, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  19. Shane357
    Shane357
    back! might have to go to bed in a few but im on for now
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  20. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Welcome back! Wanna go in the Shoutbox?
    Mar 1, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  21. Shane357
    Shane357
    lol @ bed bath and beyond not because you buy your products there but I first saw it on "Click' and for some reason I find it funny
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  22. Shane357
    Shane357
    i'll check it out

and I don't necessarily feel bad about myself because of my weight. I've seen this quote on the internet some places: "You can accept yourself as a person and still see that you need to change." I definitely think it applies
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  23. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    It was on "Click"? Wow, that's so cool! That's a very true quote. Accepting yourself and even seeing where you can make positive changes is a good things.
    Mar 1, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  24. Shane357
    Shane357
    I just don't like the thing going around telling kids that they don't need to worry about their weight because diabetes isn't fun and I say this as a type 1. I just don't like the idea of pushing kids to be overweight and not try to do anything about it
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  25. Shane357
    Shane357
    sure! entering shoutbox
    Mar 1, 2017
  26. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    I totally agree with you there. I mean if anything, it's good to emphasize health, wellness, taking care of one's self. With weight -- it's good if you're addressing it now. I know all too well how +10 can easily scale up if it's not monitored.
    Mar 1, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  27. Shane357
    Shane357
    exactly! You shouldn't hate someone because they are fat or overweight, but you shouldn't push it as 100% healthy either. I mean I think if you can maintain your weight (even if overweight -not obese though), you can be healthy, that's what I've been doing. it's just that when I see obese kids I feel so sad because it could be avoided if it weren't encouraged as 100% healthy.
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  28. Shane357
    Shane357
    yes it was in Click. It's when he goes to purchase the magic remote XD
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  29. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    I totally agree with you there. It shouldn't be pushed as being healthy, especially when someone can experience so much complications from carrying extra weight. And yes, one can maintain their weight, tone up, exercise. I get what you mean--encouraging someone to be overweight isn't good..same as encouraging someone to be very underweight. There has to be a balance.
    Mar 1, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  30. Shane357
    Shane357
    incase this gets buried in the shoutbox - goodnight! hope you sleep well!
    Mar 1, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  31. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Awww, yeah that can happen! Good nite to you too, sleep well and we'll talk soon! :-)
    Mar 1, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  32. Shane357
    Shane357
    i'm gonna review your story tomorrow morning
    Mar 6, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  33. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Aww, thank you! I hope you like it. :-)
    Mar 8, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  34. Shane357
    Shane357
    still reading, might have to drag it up to tonight tho
    Mar 8, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  35. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    That's okay, take your time. Fic is there to stay.
    Mar 8, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  36. Shane357
    Shane357
    I read the whole thing, just haven't had time to put my thoughts in a review. It's really heartbreaking. I liked the scene with Hershel talking to Rick about the quote(Love one another), I found it very telling to his character, and it didn't seem at all out of character for him
    Mar 10, 2017
    ShaneFan likes this.
  37. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    Ohhh, I didn't realize you read the whole thing. It's okay, there's never any rush or pressure to review my fic. Whenever you do so is fine...look how long it took me to beta your last chapter. So that's why I say "no rush".
    Mar 10, 2017
  38. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    I was afraid to post the last 2 chapters, but I took the risk and pushed through. I'm glad you liked that scene with Hershel. It's such a beautiful scripture verse/quote and although there's so much sadness in TWD, there's also lots of love. I'm glad that you feel it captured his character. I was hoping to make sure everyone was in character.
    Mar 10, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  39. ShaneFan
    ShaneFan
    I meant to add that yes, the fic is heartbreaking. I wrote it because I wanted to vindicate Shane, to show how he views his choices versus how others view his choices. It's a dark fanfic...I write those every now and then. They take a lot out of me (emotionally).
    Mar 10, 2017
    Shane357 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice