Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

164 Cover

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by DragonRacer, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There are members of this forum, that if they really are serious about, and actually believe, half the things they say, I'd secretly have everyone skip out of camp in the middle of the night, the first night of the ZA, and leave them behind lol.

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Isn't that how Terminus started? ;p

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Then the poster @Jay Bonansinga after being left behind....... would take out his notebook........ and start writing down notes........... to begin his book about how preacher @Neuropyramidal mobilized his congregation......... to find the local Underground Railroads....to attack.

#23 lastcat3, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

Dwight, Andrea, Sophia, Lydia and Beta all die.

5. lastcat3

Not a chance both Sophia and Andrea die. Maybe one of them but not both of them together. I have a feeling neither one of them will die though. As much as this story is about death and loss Kirkman is still very careful about the very central characters to the overall story. Both Andrea and Sophia are very significant to the future development of Carl (which is where he seems to be swaying the focus of the story towards) and he wouldn't kill both of them off in what amounted to a moment that was mainly intended to cut down on the amount of characters he had in the story.

I'm still extremely convinced that Negan will be the major character death in this war.

#25 lastcat3, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  6. Jay Bonansinga

Wow Underground railroads, A devious Preacher with a brain washed flock, sounds to me like the making of a New York Times Best Selling Novel......Oh Wait it is and I wrote it. Quite good might I add especially the car chase part at the end. The only thing that could truly me more exciting is if Lily and her band of interesting and well developed survivors went back to WoodBury and found that all the Children have been taken!

Please buy Search and Destroy if you're one of the few people that have not yet.

Thank You~Jay

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Yeah it looks like Maggie is wearing Negan's jacket on the cover, so he just may be.

8. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think Sanctuary will fall by virtue of the other communities falling. They survived by stealing other communities stuff and then thrived under Dwight's leadership through trade. Sure they're making moves against Rick now, but they will realize how short sighted that was when all their supplies run out and they turn on each other. They will regret not helping in the whisperer war.

9. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

What leads you to believe so about Negan?

10. lastcat3

Well to be honest @Eat_Cow it is just time for Negan to go. He serves very little purpose to the story anylonger (and quite frankly hasn't served much purpose to the story for about the last twenty or thirty issues). The only reason he seems to be around still is because Kirkman likes writing snappy one liners for him.

They also seem to be setting things up for Negan to die soon as well. He has been going on a very traditional full circle story arc where he starts off as Rick's enemy and now he is seeking out Rick's approval and is obedient to Rick. Not much more they can do with him past this point other than to continue to give off those snappy one liners.

Negan's importance to the story has long since past.

11. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

I would mention you instead of a quote, but I'm not forum savvy. :p

I can see why you have your opinion, the time of Negan being the big bad has passed.. but there's still a big focus on him. I read many people on other sites that say Negan is carrying their interest in the comic, and I can partially agree for myself. I would still read if he died, but I'd be less interested. Negan has had a big role in the Whisperer War arc. No other character was looking to go out and cut Alpha's head off. Aaron and Michonne only crossed the border to go after him. the war wouldnt have started at the point it did if Negan weren't around, and not in the same way. we have had a good amount of issues this arc with a good chunk of Negan in them. Kirkman has proved to me that even when a character's arc feels over, there can be more, or they could stay alive anyway.

The signs of Negan possibly dying are there, but they could also just be setting up further development for the character. Lucille breaking could signify him turning a new leaf, maybe thinking about what he's done. Since he was so emotionally affected, it could be strong symbolism of him finally getting over the death of his wife. Furthermore, the Saviors are leaderless and it looks like everything is going to shit in Alexandria, so I'm not sure Rick and crew will be focusing too much on Negan, I think he could easily be set up to take over again... or something like that. I dunn, I can't see him dying until at LEAST the last issue of his backstory. I think everything going on with him now is all setup for future development.

Imagine if everyone had to hit the road again and Negan was part of that group? That would be interesting.

12. lastcat3

Sorry @Eat_Cow but I don't see them bringing Negan into a group at all. I think you saw a couple issues ago just how closely people are willing to work with him. And that is putting him in the front lines without a weapon.

#32 lastcat3, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  13. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

Dwight, who's scarred permanently from Negan both physically and mentally, gave Negan Lucille in a moment in which he might've been killed without the bat. Rick is willing to work with him if he cooperates, and Andrea follows what Rick does. Maggie and Carl are the only prominent characters that have major beef with Negan that aren't aware of his current situation. I have a feeling Kirkman wouldn't just have one of them flat-out shoot him all of a sudden, so.. ergh. A lot of people have theorized Negan might come while the Hilltop is burning and end up helping/saving Maggie, Hershel, or Sophia.

14. Jay Bonansinga

I disagree. While i'm not a huge Negan fan like a lot of people are out there. I still think he has a lot to add to the comic and he was basically the final straw that started the Whisper War plus I thought his escape/murder of that classy nice kid that accidentally dropped a brick and Carl flipped out about it was quite interesting. Plus i'd love to see the dynamic of Negan and whoever else survives the Whisper War on the road.

Thank You~Jay

15. Jay Bonansinga

After reading the issue where Negan cut off Alpha's head I started to understand why he acts the way he does. After his wife died he was totally broken as he said and he didn't really care if he lived or died or who he brought down with him. He made jokes because deep down, I feel he could care less. I wonder what would happen if he started to actually care for someone that the constantly talking shit Negan might take a more serious approach. Maybe he could fall for Magna and finally discover he has something to lose.

I don't know why I am so into the whole Megna being Ricks or Negan's love interest. I just think KirkMAN is building her up to be a very important character.

Thank You~Jay

16. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

Well, Jay.. I can't agree with the whole "Magna" thing, but the part about him at some point realizing what it feels like to have something to lose is very interesting and could be a great way to end the story of a broken man.

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Speaking of Magna... she's been around for like two and a half years and done jack shit. i was excited when her crew was introduced, but now I'm wondering if Kirkman even had any plans for her beyond being a mirror of Rick's introduction to Alexandria.

As for Negan... I think it's likely that he'll redeem himself and become a part of the group to some degree, but I hope not. I love Negan, but I don't want to see that happen to him. Part of what makes him compelling is that he is a villain. evil.

18. lastcat3

Yeah I've come to the conclusion that all Magna's group is really meant to represent is being the 'other members of Alexandria' outside of the group of people that traveled up from Georgia. When we think of the other members of Alexandria Magna's people are meant to be the faces of them.

Maybe after the war is over and the number of characters in the story gets cut down we will then start seeing more development for them (if they survive). We'll have to see.

That is one of the bad things about having three or four different locations of people in a story is that it really cuts down on the screen time each particular character can get.
    I think if they split the group up again and have some of them go off to Ohio and some of them stay around Washington would be to dedicate entire issues to each particular group. Don't just have cuts every few pages like they do now.

19. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

#39 RicksdaMan, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  20. Jay Bonansinga

Andrea will die and Magna will be Rick's new love interest eventually, or Negans. She gonna do something. Almost every character that had the cover of the comic devoted to them when they were introduced was huge except maybe Father Gab. Michonne-19, The Gov-33, Abe,Eugene,Rosita-53, father Gab-61, Aaron-68, King Zek-108, Magna-127.

I have have to think she is going to do something huge unless KirkMAN just feels that she isn't working out and gives her storylines to someone else.

Thank You~Jay