Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[604]- Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 27, 2015.

1. John208

John208 New Member

A waste of 90 minutes

Agree, I like the Morgan character and I enjoy backstories (I would like another one on Daryl -- we saw a brief one early on about how his brother was tough on him) .. but why on earth did we have to endure 90 minutes of Morgan's backstory .. I liked how they did Michonne's backstory -- BRIEFLY intertwined within the story .. this was a big mistake to expend 90 minutes on this story line. What a waste

#61 John208, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. John208

John208 New Member

Agree totally .. they have ruined an excellent character with this 90 minutes of liberal BS

3. calliope

calliope Active Member

I was not really interested in watching this when I heard the description. I have to say fabulous performances by Lennie James and JCL really drew me into the story. If they are looking for award show recognition, this is the sort of thing that may get it.

Practical complaints--there's no way a single individual could have built that cell inside of a cabin without a great deal of help, heavy equipment, etc. It was before the ZA, so I guess he could have hired someone, but not without raising quite a few eyebrows. It would have been more plausible to have something a little less high end.

Eastman also seems to have lived in another ZA bubble, very few walkers and evil people. I guess we've seen them before--at the farm and Alexandria, but he's been lucky for sure.

Since air time is the most precious commodity of all in this universe, 90 minutes was a very long time to devote to this.

4. walkon

walkon Active Member

I liked the crazy Morgan much better than the hearts and flowers Morgan. At least the crazy Morgan provided a useful service to mankind by ridding the place of zombies. Hearts and flowers Morgan is still crazy but in a different way. He fails in reality check and he’s going to get people killed.

One can only hope Carol takes him a casserole, discovers the wolf and shoots him. I’d pay for the casserole dish just to see that. . .

5. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

[MENTION=94321]John208[/MENTION]--Well, I'm a liberal and I don't exactly get the tie-in. Maybe we would have been a little less excited to pull out the flamethrowers the first time we heard moaning coming from the graveyard, but I think by this time pretty much everyone would be on the same page. The difference I see is that b/w choosing to live a life of solitude--which affords you the ethical free-rein to live as you choose--vs. choosing to live with others, which requires some degree of integration of your choices and the group's.

My complaint is one I often have on this show and FTWD: Would people please talk to each other? Even just a little bit? We get these grunts and cryptic sentences and allusions to prior Big Events That Really Taught [Character's Name Here] A Lesson, but nobody actually explaining anything. So hey, Morgan--give Rick the 411 on why you're on the path you're on, and how you can best be of service to the community, and whether or not there are any circumstances in which you'd kill someone. B/c if the answer to that last one is "no," we need to do some serious analysis to figure out just where you can be such that your choices don't get anybody killed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RS92

RS92 Member

Yeah.. Why would they extend this episode in particular?? It doesn't make sense.. Anyway, thanks to Eastman we have now Morgan the king of peace in Alexandria, ruining everything.

7. RS92

RS92 Member

Totally agree..

This peaceful morgan is useless like Carol in the first season!

8. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

Thank you! Both points are well articulated and needed to be said.

9. swscully

swscully Member

This episode was boring. And for the people who keep screeching, 'intellectual thriller,' you aught expand your horizons a bit. There's these places called libraries. People read books there.
    This episode was about as thrilling as the Garfield's Revenge amusement park ride idea...

10. swscully

swscully Member

Oh, and the Zombie makeup! Yikes! I could nearly see the straw sticking out of the one dummy they were carrying around, and the walker with the slashes in his head was an embarrassment.
    These were professionals that did this episode? yikes...

11. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I've said this before and not just about big stuff like whether they believe in killing or not but just general stuff that the characters just seem to never talk to each other. It means we end up having endless flashbacks as we never have those little conversations between characters that give you an insight as to who they were before or their beliefs on things now.

We could have had a few minute conversation where Morgan opens up to say Michonne and tells her he met a man in the woods when he had hit rock bottom who put him back on the right path.

Flashbacks really aren't needed much at all but so far about 25% of this season has felt like flashbacks.

12. drifter77

drifter77 Member

My main complaint is that the episode just showed us what we could already piece together on own: Morgan met some zen dude who taught him bow-staff and some pacifist philosophy. I'm not sure I needed to see 90 minutes of that. I mean the episode was okay. Sorta liked Eastman, but their philosophy towards life is not compatible with the environment in which they live. It's very short-sighted. I.e., Morgan doesn't kill the first 2 wolves. Great, all life is precious. But by letting them live, they kill RPG and 15 Alexandrians. So where does that leave us?

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Aren't they WONDERFUL?! Every time I realize my life doesn't consist of battling parasites and picking rice 14 hours a day just to stay alive I'm thankful to have been lucky enough to be born where I was.

14. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

my only complain is that it took watching 45 min before getting asleep >_<

this episode = Beth arc on season 5, boring and totally worthless episodes

15. PMC

PMC New Member

At 1st I was truely excited about this episode but they stretched that whole thing too much for this Zen Master being killed by one Walker. It'd have been alot better if they actually showed Morgan's struggle to get to Alexandria and what he had to endure as a lone survivor to get there. I do disagree with some people here though thinking he's a setback for the group. He proved to be skilled and took on a group of wolves fairly easily despite his pacifist attitude. No one except for maybe Michonne possesses his combat skills and he was the 1st to be back home after that Horn ruined their strategy. Out of all the guys in there he's probably the only proven survivor as he managed to stay alive on his own.

16. sheryden

sheryden Member

While I liked the episode a bit more than I had anticipated, I still felt like with the extended time, they could have given us a peek at what was happening in Alexandria (other than Morgan telling the big bad Wolf a bedtime story).

17. Sky Somers

Sky Somers Member

I agree. Not sure why Morgan has not learned yet that his methods are not working.

18. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Barely knew how to use a gun? You must have missed a fair few of her season 1/2 scenes, as a fair chunk of her story was centred around training with weapons, learning to shoot, and growing more and more capable with guns. Shane spent several scenes teaching her to use guns and shoot properly, before she finally became a pretty solid fighter. She was very capable with guns by the end of season 2.

As for betraying Michonne, Michonne didn't exactly give her much to go on when she demanded that they leave a seemingly safe and friendly town because she had a "spooky feeling." Maybe if she'd bothered to explain herself further, Andrea would have left with her.

I'm not saying TV Andrea was great by any means, because we all know she was butchered compared to the comic version. I still loved her, though, and think she'd have been able to evolve into something closer to her comic counterpart eventually.

19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Agreed, on that point.

I'm not sure if the writers think this creates 'deep' dialogue or whatever, but it doesn't. It's weird and it's unnatural. No one speaks like that.

20. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

A whole episode dedicated to Morgan?

So I can only assume this means Morgan will die soon. Most likely in the next episode or two. My guess is hes going to go out like he did in the comic...