Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[616] Rate The Damn Dungheap!!

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Rate it immediately.

1. 10

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. 9

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. 8

22 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. 6

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. 5

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. 4

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  8. After watching this, I wish it was TWD's last day on earth.

25 vote(s)
    17.1%
  9. 2

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  10. After watching this, I wish it was MY last day on earth.

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Robert Kirkman

It didn't keep my attention, either, mate. And I didn't hear the screams, either. They specifically took out Maggie's screams.

2. JFAN

JFAN Member

I only gave it a six. The extra 30 minutes given to the finale wasn't even needed... all the did with the time was drag it out. They could have done this all in the regular time slot.

Not impressed with JDM as Negan but maybe that is because I have been watching him in the charismatic, sexy role he has been playing on The Good Wife.

3. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

8 cos it made me shed a tear and say OMG like 4 times

Pretty much like my ex boyfriend really.

4. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I'd give it an 8. Was really good and intense and everyone's face during the eenie meenie scene was just wow. But that damn cliffhanger really hurt the episode. I'm just so worn out on cliffhangers that it's not even funny anymore. The Horn in 6x01, Glenn Dumpster scene, "mom"? , Carol/Maggie getting kidnapped,Daryl getting shot and now Lucille scene. It's the season of Cliffhangers that's for sure ,last year it was the season of After credit scenes this year it's cliffhangers :zombies_mad:

Edit: LOL looking at IMDb rating this episode is gonna be the lowest rated episode of the series it's already .1 away from Still

#24 Walkers_TWD, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This episode hit me emotionally like a bat covered in barbed wire, and I feel irrationally that that level of assault on me warrants a 0/10. On the other hand, it accomplished exactly what it set out to do, with superb pacing and acting that shattered my heart, so that makes it a 10/10.

I am hoping I can continue to watch the show next season, but I can't stand feeling so sick to my stomach. It is a dilemma....

6. LMT

LMT Member

Would have been absolutely perfect, if it weren't for the cop-out bull**** cliffhanger. 0/10

7. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Yes....the lack of screams is a bit wtf also? In the audio the screaming added to how extreme and nasty it must have been to witness it.

Also, the fact the audio was different means the leaker got a different version, with slightly different editing.

When the scene was filmed I bet they did not even have the person being killed decided yet. After they were like "Right, who do we feel we can fire without getting too emotional?!" "Erm maybe pick Aaron, Eugene, Abe or Rosita...they haven't been here as long, and we can't kill Daryl or Glenn".

#27 Benrai2k, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I'd say the POV shown several times through the show, with light shining through bullet holes, and ultimately turned out to be the inside of the van, was a big clue. Who was inside the van? Glenn, Rosita, Michonne and Daryl. The final shot was also a point of view shot from the person getting whacked, just like the other shots from the van. They wouldn't have shown that shot several times unless it means something. So Ima go with Glenn, just like the comics. Daryl is too popular, and I don't see the women folk being sacrificed.

9. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I've loved this entire season, and given basically every episode an 8 or above. This one gets a 5 from me. I was incredibly disappointed. It was a 90 minute episode, and like a third of that was just driving along in the RV and hitting another roadblock. I found it really hard to take Negan seriously, despite the obvious seriousness of the situation. He just came across as a joke. The cliffhanger ending was terrible. They've been building up tension all season long, and we knew we were going to be losing some cast members in the finale. They build up to it...and then keep us in the dark until next season.

I enjoyed the scenes with Carol and Morgan the most. I'm interested in finding out more about these armored guys riding horses.

Honestly, this was one of my least favorite episodes of TWD yet. The season 7 premiere better be amazing.

10. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Most of the people on IMDb would agree with that its now ranked the worst episode of the series with a 6.9 and continuing to drop even lower than "Still" :zombies_lol: Could have been a 9.somthing if they didn't pull a stupid cliffhanger

11. Gustavo LaPizza

to me is a 5.

The build up was a 10.
    the roadblock after roadblock getting worse and worse, the way they passed from being cocky at the first roadblock to be desperate at the last, the sense of feeling surrounded overwhelmed and in danger more every minute was really awesome and put togheter very well.

the morgan and Carl story was a 4. It wasn't spoiled and i've predicted it line by line after last episode. So easy to see where they were going, and also completely irrelevant to the season finale. They should have just sticked to the main group and left their story as the true cliffhanger of this season.

Negan is a 7. I liked but not loved it. the scene was good but compared to other great shots they've done in the past i felt it lacked something. I compared it for example with the scene in inglorious bastards where the bear jew appears, and i felt that one was overall better.

the cliffhanger was a 0. bad bad bad choice. not even gonna talk about it, everyone is pissed off, so we all agree on this.

the commercials were also a 0. it makes no sense to build up tension only to brake it every 5 DAMN MINUTES with cookie and smartphones ads. it was really painfull,

overall i give it a 5 because it had the potential to be the best episode ever and they blew it.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

With all the pointless driving around I thought the group was going to run into the Governor chasing Andrea from Season 3. It was a lot like Prey. They even had Negan whistling like the Governor did in that episode. I guess in the "writers" room bad guys whistle a lot.

It's funny because having heard the "cliffhanger" rumors I thought I'd be angry when it aired. But when it cut to black I just didn't care who died. Maybe it was because the drawn out 90 minutes that came prior to it were so bad, or it's that I now have no faith in Gimple. It's probably more a combination of both.

This was just bad. The funniest moment though was when after driving in circles on a trip that takes the better part of a day they decided to go on foot with a stretcher and just happened to walk into the spot Negan had everything set up. This was Dexter final season level bad.

Not going to watch Talking Dead because I don't want to ever watch or read anything Gimple has to say again.

Last Day on Earth was a good name for this one because it's how I feel about the show afterwards. While I'll keep watching since I'm invested in it, I've given up hope of it getting back in stride again. RIP TWD. Too bad. It could have been so much more.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I wouldn't read too much into the POV. This is Gimple and it's a season of gimmicks, cheap OMG moments and fake outs. Sam said "Mom" in 608 but they let that go in 609.

14. CLEAR

CLEAR Member

Like I said in the audio thread that got deleted, as soon as I saw that there was no scene after the screen went black and TTD came on, I shut the TV off. Don't care what any of the aholes have to say anymore. Leaving it as a cliffhanger loses all of the impact of whoever's death it is. Now, I really don't care who it is. No more all day WD marathons for me, no more TTD after. All they care about is the almighty dollar, hell with the storyline. I did think the actors did a fan-f-in-tastic job conveying terror. Intensely intense. However, I feel that this is the beginning of the end for the show. My enthusiasm for the show just went from an 11 to a 3.

15. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

1 Hour and 20 Minutes of Commercials and Driving around in a RV. 9 minutes of compelling TV and then a cliffhanger. Really poor writing. The reason for a Cliffhanger is to get people to talk about what is going to happen. Every one that watches this show has been talking about this scene and who dies for a year. What a great way to shit on your fans. If they show the death the reviews wouldn't have been so bad.

The commercial breaks made this episode nearly unwatchable.

Gave this episode a 1/10.

16. Robert Kirkman

Nice catch, man. What you said made me think of something... In the first few shots of that POV there were cuts or bullet holes in the walls and when the light shined through it made crosses... which leads me to think of Carol, and since she's not there that leaves her closest link... Daryl.

17. ubear

ubear Member

I thought it was a good episode and unlike most people didn't have a problem with the ending hence I'm giving it a 10. Even if I didn't like how an episode ended I wouldn't give it a 1 on that alone.

18. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Agreed

19. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

[MENTION=58712]Biffster[/MENTION] that's an awesome observation that I had not considered. -strokes chin- if it turns out to be so I'm buying you a drink

20. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

How on earth can they do this.....Im really pissed man. Such good build up and then ::fart noises::