Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Here's Negan!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 28, 2016.

1. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

^^^ Well said and Im sorry about ur mom. I lost mine when I was younger.

Where do you think "Heres Negan" will end?

2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Thanks. And sorry for yours as well.

Honestly, I could maybe see it ending with the discovery/founding of Sanctuary? Like the final panel being one big page showing the factory and its smokestacks, rising up all big and impressive, and Negan down at the bottom (likely with some type of group in tow) saying something like "Home sweet fucking home".

Could be kinda badass. They have four more issues left in the original planned length of this backstory to get there.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Finally, we progress in this story!! We spend seven issues basically walking from one room to the next, and now we've got Negan forming his first group several weeks in. I'm now a bit more optimistic that we may actually see some development into 'Negan'.

4. DragonRacer

We unexpectedly got big news about the future of "Here's Negan!" in The Walking Dead Issue 161 Letter Hacks. The side-story was originally set to be only 12 issues, so it would have ended March 2017. However, the Letter Hacks revealed that it is currently set to now be 16 installments!!!

So, we just got a four-issue extension, folks. :D

5. Neuropyramidal

I was going to post this the other day and I forgot. They must have realized when it took them like 4 issues to leave a building that they had a timeframe issue. ;)

6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

On facebook for any of you that use it.. you can change your profile picture to have a team Negan or team Rick banner. I chose Negan!

7. DragonRacer

Next issue of Here's Negan! dropped today.

It's super-easy to summarize this one. LMAO

Fair warning, the schedule seems to go a little wacky for 2017. Whereas Image+ had been dropping the last Wednesday of the month, now it will be coming out the first Wednesday of the month - same as TWD. The next issue will be February 1st.

8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My birthday

9. Neuropyramidal

Blame the holidays, but I totally forgot this was today. I Just illegally read a free version of it online. We are finally picking up the pace. I imagine the next issue will be after a bit of a time jump.

10. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Maybe I'm reading into this too much but when he gets pissed about not being warned. Thats when he knows he needs a "group".

Bat felt right. Protection = Lucille.

On the move ...

Thoughts DR?

11. DragonRacer

To be honest, it's open-ended enough right now that I don't really have a strong bead on where we're going from here.

He's had the hospital kid die on him and the first group he encountered die on him, so perhaps the next person or small group of people we encounter will be the founding Saviors (like Dwight and Sherry). Maybe they are struggling to survive, Negan comes along, and basically establishes control and starts showing more of his dictator-ish/Rick-tatorship traits in order to keep them alive, since he is convinced that he knows best in that regard (a sort of "follow me if you want to live" sort of thing).

12. DragonRacer

Hey, kids, big day today! 25 cent TWD AND a new issue of Here's Negan!

Part 10 synopsis:

13. Neuropyramidal

Dammit, the old couple died!! When you said an old couple found him, I was so hoping to hear that the saviors started as just Negan and two elderly people lol.

How old we talkin? Late 50s? 70s?

14. DragonRacer

I really wanted that to be the start of the Saviors, too! LMAO

I'd say late 50's, maybe early 60's?

15. DragonRacer

Okay, so since work's been mayhem and I haven't had the chance to swing by the comic book shop yet, a friend was so kind as to hook me up with screenshots of today's issue.

So, lemme summarize for y'all:

• Like Like x 1
  16. DragonRacer

Apparently, Part 12 came out last Wednesday and work has been such an absolute shitstorm that I missed that little tidbit of news. Sure wish Image+ would pick a timeframe and stick with it, instead of sometimes being last Wednesday of the month and sometimes first Wednesday of the month...

Anywhos

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

oooh, I missed that too. I'll try finding it online before reading your synopsis. ;)

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

iiinteresting

19. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I do the opposite. Read @DragonRacer's wonderful synopsis first then find it online:p:D:cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Neuropyramidal

I would do that, but I'm afraid the real thing would pale in comparison after reading Dragon's rendition. Once you've experienced Dragon's version, seeing the real thing would be like meeting Mozart in person. Almost surely a disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1