Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne Killing Isabelle

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. TROR

TROR Member

Who even was Isabelle exactly? Like, what did she do and what was her purpose? Was she just introduced in the last episode or am I forgetting something?

3. Neuropyramidal

She was just introduced tonight. She was just a random savior that Michonne used to find the Sanctuary.

4. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

The real question is why was she riding around herself. She also seemed pretty eager for Michonne to kill her. It's an outside chance but maybe she stole the car and was escaping when Michonne kidnapped her and made her go back. It seems that people are trying to escape the Saviors all the time

5. ThoseBackPages

iqgree!

6. ThoseBackPages

she had no intentions of going back

7. Neuropyramidal

It crossed my mind too that she was in the process of escaping, but I'm not so sure. She didn't seem hurried or frazzled when Michonne found her, as she might be if she was escaping. Just slightly annoyed by the pile of walkers. And she told Michonne "we are all Negan". We may never know, or maybe something will be said in dialogue later, or found inside her car, that gives us an answer.

8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Good point, maybe Isabelle was trying to escape the Saviors. But once she was captured she knew she wasn't getting out of this alive. So she just made it easy for Michonne to put her down I guess. RIP Isabelle.

9. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if she was trying to leave or not. To Michonne she was a Savior the night of the line up and the killings of Glenn and Abe. So Michonne was going to kill her anyway I would say.

10. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Those were my thoughts. That she's trying to escape the Saviors.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too. There's the question of why she was out there all alone which wasn't answered but like you said, she realized that because she was a savior Michonne was bound to kill her anyways. Interesting however that she told Michonne to use the silencer and then scuttle the car in a lake so maybe she was atoning for her "sins" before she died or sticking it to Negan.

12. asdf

asdf Member

It was kind of sad really. It was either indentured servitude or have Michonne take her out to pasture. She chose the latter. I mean she could've struggled a bit more if she had other plans besides the above mentioned.

Rick must've rubbed off on her - Michonne, that is. Their occasional lack of humanity still gets to me after all these seasons.

#12 asdf, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Wait... Am I missing something? Do we know for a fact that she really killed that lady? If it's implied, I get that. I don't know. I had to attend to some children related drama in the following scenes after she told Michonne that a silencer was in the trunk. So maybe I missed something important that happened after that. Damn kids!

14. asdf

asdf Member

Thesilencerwentoff.Sorrybutthisthreadhasrenderedmyspacebuttonfrozen.

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Way I see things this is where people get to mentally under Negan's tyrannical rule, they won't cross him but they also don't care about their own lives anymore and they won't fight to the death like they would if they were fighting for something or someone they truly cared about (or for).

I've seen this more than once so far, earlier episodes the ASZ group ran into some pretty tough people who in the end didn't fight near as hard as I would have expected them to, like at the armory... I don't have the psychological term for it but armies ruled by tyrants don't fight as hard, probably because the life they have isn't worth that much to them.

In a real world context it's similar to the reason why Saddam Hussein's army hardly fought back against the US.

Same thing here...
    Perhaps this translation of Isabelle's words will illustrate things better:
    "Ok so you're going to shoot me, that is so cool. You'll want to ditch the car in a lake so they don't find out what happened and there's a silencer in the glovebox so nobody hears."

#15 8307c4, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  16. pikachu

pikachu Member

Not much will ever be known about Isabelle, but she was cute and she gave Michonne a silencer. Makes her ok in my book.

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Even though it's a distance shot you can see the little dark figure in the drivers seat slump to the side as well.

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Assuming Isabelle is actually on her way of escape, I wonder if Isabelle told Michonne that she is done with the Saviours could save her life. I mean, would Michonne spare Isabelle's life if she could provide a lot of valuable inside information about the Saviours?

19. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I kind of think this is true too, she was trying to escape...However, I would have thought she may have tried to offer something for Michonne to have more knowledge of something in the compound. I guess if she was resolved to die, then there was no hope and that may have been her only offering was trying to keep Michonne from even believing it would be possible.

20. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I think some of the saviors just go so far and then they are done. They want to die. Just like the guy Dwight killed when he found him after he escaped. He just told Dwight to kill him. they know if Negan finds them they are worse off than dead. And I would rather someone else to kill me than take my own life.