Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way Out, Complaints and Criticism!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Tyler, Feb 9, 2016.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Call him Little Govenor

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That would be 5, so there are three more left. Good thing too, because things are about to get dicey.

3. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

An RPG isn't going to cause anywhere that much death and destruction, especially in an open area. If you worry about the realism of the weapons effects in this show, you're not going to stay with it long.

4. Melo

Melo Active Member

i think i just watched the best ep of the show! i loved it! for sure top3 ep so far maybe no1 too!

5. drifter77

drifter77 Member

My only nitpick is the day-to-night timing. During the Judith handoff and Sam's "I can do it" thing, it's light out. When we pick back up with the group, it's dark. How long were they wandering around the small town on their way out the gate? Hours? It was like, a couple blocks away.

6. kromulok

kromulok New Member

Why is nobody talking about the complete change of story? The mid season finale ended with them just a few steps off of the porch of the house with Sam saying "Mom? Mommy? " and that is how it ended. The cliff hanger was us thinking oh great, this kid is getting them all attacked 10 steps in... however, this episode picks up, and suddenly that never happened???? It didn't show it, it didn't address it. They acted like it didn't happen. Sure they made it happen much later but to pretend like you didn't end the mid season finale like that is lazy. I loved the episode, but I was really let down how they just ignored how they did that. It was cheap. And I can't believe nobody is talking about and criticizing that.

7. ColorsVersatile

I didn't like the fact that we did NOT actually meet Negan. I want to see him so bad!

This.
    I also didn't like that Daryl killed this guy at the beginning without anyone noticing or hearing. And when you see the guy's corpse, it's laid RIGHT in the bikers' fields of view.
    I don't mind a character being a badass, but please make it a bit more realistic :/

8. PapSett

PapSett Member

This is EXCACTLY what I came here to say. That one "little" oversite really kind of ruined the whole episode for me.

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Comic spoiler:

10. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I automatically hit "Like" for anyone that mentions support braces or the Orange Backpack.

11. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Yes, why did Rick decide to change the "Go to the Armory" plan again?

12. Jods

Jods New Member

He decided that the flares wouldn't be enough cos there were too many walkers, too spread out.

13. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

When spoilers for this episode came out before the season they identified these events happening in the midseason finale. I get the impression this was intended as a 90 minute episode (which would make sense if it was originally going to be the MSF), so some transitions got left on the cutting room floor when it became a regular length episode.
    Besides, they've always done a poor job of defining the timeline, and I think it's because the show runners really don't care that much about nailing continuity, or at least as much as some of the fans. They have the same disregard for weapons and their effects, going all the way back to the tank in the very first episode.

14. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Yeah I agree with a few others who said about Daryl killing the guy, I could believe it and accept it had the body been dead up against the back of the truck, but it was lay in full view of the biker gang.

15. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

This threw me off too. They made such hype over him saying mom and then it didn't happen. I think that could've been a better way to have the whole sequence begin. I thought maybe he would come back and say it later but guess it just got overlooked

16. Znuts

Znuts Member

I thought the same thing as well, but then I noticed the point of the road that Negan's men were stationed was right on a slight curve in the road. This may have made it so that if you're right in front of the truck, you can see the guy's head, but not if you were 20-30 ft. in front of the truck on the curve in the road. Plus Daryl is a silent badass, so that's kind of his thing to do stuff like this without others noticing too much. That and this show doesn't pay too much attention to these kind of details, but I still love it anyways.

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

ive been saying this for years

#57 Toothpick, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  18. calliope

calliope Active Member

I loved the episode overall!

I thought the daisy chain scene was executed poorly. The fact that they roamed around this small little area until dark looked silly, as did the long conversation behind a bush. At least duck into an alley. I realize the scenario was supposed to be surreal, but Rick reminiscing about Jesse didn't work for me. And Carl gets shot in the face and all he can manage is "Dad?" Really? No scream, no shout?

And maybe it's just me because I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I'm kinda sick of the pushing of the Morgan and Carol relationship. They're probably the two best actors in the cast, but they have zero onscreen chemistry. In contrast, we had Rick and Michonne as adversaries to start and they lit up the screen together. Another instance of what looks good on paper not translating well to the screen

19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Imagine if Morgan and Carol get married. They can argue every other episode. Carol:We're lost Morgan why dont you look at the map. Morgan:I dont need to look , I know where we are. Carol: I know I should have killed you.

20. trekcarbonboy

trekcarbonboy New Member

Great episode but....

Maggies on a rickety platform... omg!omg!omg! She's gonna fall! They're gonna get her!...and Enid walks over to her on a frickin welded on, sturdy as hell, metal walkway! WTH!