Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pedophila and Mental illness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by LadyGrimes, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'm not personally saying one is like the other, but I am surprised no one is willing to admit to seeing a parallel between the two as political and social causes (NOT as behaviors). It's only been since 2003 that being gay was legal througout the U.S., and only since 2011 that it was legal to be openly gay in the armed services, and only since 2015 have gay marriages been legal nationally (well, except on Indian lands).

To make it sound like gays have always been treated just the same as heterosexuals is revisionist, at best. My point is very simple: If you were a pedophile, and wanted people to see you as normal, what better group would there be to look at than gays? A group that previously was considered dangerously perverted, but now is accepted and protected by law as normal?

In my post I made NO comparison *at all* between the actions of two adults and those of one adult inflicting something on a child, nor do I think the two are the same. But still, two points of downrep so far, in the debater's section, which isn't supposed to happen.

My point of my this last part is that the gay lobby here is a very thin-skinned bunch who don't tolerate even suspected deviation from their orthodoxy. Cowardly, too. Why not just POST that you don't like something? You're here anonymously anyway. Why take the backdoor route of downrepping someone?

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

JFC I have no words!

and this from said article

It's not a ****ing orientation FFS, why do they view it as such?

The sex is the harm you idiot! Society isn't wrong about that.

I have NO words this is completely sickening. I have even argued with someone with this mindset. He thought it was fine if the young boy consented to wanting the sex in the first place. I think I'm gonna be sick.

WTF just WTF okay I am so done it isn't funny. Just when you think a person couldn't possibly be more ****ed up.

Sounds like this guy needs Dr. Honda's prescription. But instead of two he should prescribe 100.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Backpeddling is fun isn't it. You make ignorant posts, people will call you ignorant. You can deflect it by turning it into your pity party over supposed neg rep, but most people won't buy it.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

There is no parallel. Being gay and being a pedophile are nothing alike. Social and political causes are a completely different topic and should in no way make a connection between being gay and being a pedophile. Pretending that they are a similar conversation only feeds into the mind set that one will lead to the other. The 'gay lobby' are thin skinned because you are trying to equate them with pedophiles. Get a ****ing clue.

5. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Like I said before, the NAMBLA group has tried for years to be normalized like the LGBT group, but have failed.

#105 Taeyeon'sBF, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Morgotha

I don't think that's entirely true. Here's an article on it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1794584/posts

I think it would be more accurate to say that originally the nambla folks were a part of the gay rights movement, and then got the boot later when gay rights started being accepted.

7. Morgotha

O.k., you seem upset. Here's an experiment for you: You are a civil rights lawyer and activist, and a client comes in to you and says that he's a pedophile and his group wants to lobby for acceptance by mainstream society, and asks you for advice on which previous movements' techniques they should copy. What do you tell him?

1. civil rights?
    2 women's suffrage?
    3. gay rights?
    4. I don't want think about it or answer and will say I'm going to kick him out the door.

8. Neuropyramidal

That's a common response to ignorance.

9. Morgotha

Do yourself a big favor, and don't read anything about Thailand.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You seem stupid.

11. Taeyeon'sBF

They were NEVER part of the gay rights movement.
    the gay right s movement wanted NOTHING to do with them. PERIOD.

12. Morgotha

Gee, what a shocker. No F-words this time?

13. Morgotha

Did you read the article?

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Sorry. How silly of me. I'm at work so my mind is in it's safe, restrained mode I use to avoid stabbing people who annoy me.

You seem like a f*cking retard.

15. Taeyeon'sBF

I skimmed, but this is a very biased article. The Gay Rights movement had been accused for YEARS that they are child touchers. There is a documentary that was warning kids about "Homosexual pedophiles" made in the 50s.
    So why on God's green earth would gay want to be associated with ACTUAL pedos?

16. Neuropyramidal

#Morgothaisherownworstenemy.

One thing about this forum, for all its faults. It typically stands up against ignorance and/or bigotry.

17. Morgotha

It's not that they would *want* to, but a part of the gay rights movement were people who opposed age of consent laws. Those people got progressively ostracized from the gay rights movement later as the movement gained traction.

18. Morgotha

What they allow there is terrible.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I couldn't even get through a 30 minute documentary about it that's for sure.

20. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

You misread my post. I was saying that I'm not sure if pedophilia should be considered a mental disorder or illness. Then I said I wouldn't put it in the same category as schizophrenia, depression, OCD, bipolar, and other mental disorders.

I also mentioned I'm all for group home residences. I wasn't talking about group home residences for pedophiles. I was saying that there are group home residences for people who suffer from mental health disorders/mental illnesses, developmental disabilities, and even troubled teenagers. (I used to work in a group home for troubled teens.) Folks are worried about a group home residence bringing down the value of their community, but these are people who need to be in the community with support and supervision so that they can increase their living and coping skills, develop their productivity, and become contributing members of society. Not everyone who lives in a group home is dangerous or harmful, and it is unfair to assume such things.

As for your comment about "stealing your stuff" and "throwing cigarette butts on my lawn" -- you can have neighbors who do the same thing -- who aren't group home residents, but who just happen to be rude, obnoxious people.

Either I wasn't clear in my post or you totally misread everything I wrote.

As for pedophiles and other -philes -- that's another topic for another day, but I will say that I agree with everyone who posted along the lines of not lumping gays and pedophiles in the same box. Even all pedophiles aren't the same -- there are different types based on the age of the minor they're attracted to. You can't lump them all in the same box.