Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Westwingnut's Thread of Boredom

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by westwingnut, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

American's meddling in another countries elections. o_O

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-dutch-fear-election-meddling-164639483.html

There's more then one? That won't set well with the one we have here.

3. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Putting words in my mouth now West Wingnut? I think you forgot your sarc tag.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Just the opposite. I was expecting that you would excoriate someone for suppressing the expression of someone else's opinions.

5. westwingnut

I used to post about The West Wing at a now-defunct site called Television Without Pity. I was probably the most conservative person among the regular posters. There wasn't a registered Republican in the bunch. Nevertheless, we all got along, for the most part, because we knew how to analyze events from a non-partisan perspective.

Over the course of several years I had only one extended debate with other people, and that was because I dared to criticize Martin Sheet for backing up his son Charlie for promoting 9/11 Trutherism.

At one point I was banned for mocking a know-it-all poster a little too vehemently. I quickly created a new account and had no problems after that, in part because I was more diplomatic about things and in part because the know-it-all was also banned and, seemingly, never came back.

So this thread for me is an extension of my previous TWoP experience. In fact it is an improvement since there are other right-of-center posters like Sharpie and Dior to go along with the left-of-center but still rational people like Tink, Biffster and Lindigo to continue the conversation.

Then there are the Trumpsters, who are, well, just not. Accordingly, I have abandoned the original Trump thread and I leave them there in peace to continue their Trumpism.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I wouldn't consider myself totally left of center, actually. I am fiscally conservative, and socially moderate. I don't think people should just be given endless money and services, it really doesn't help them in the long run, but I do think that people deserve a hand when they need one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sharpie61

I decided to post the changes that are now happening in our country, and across the world. All due to the new administration. Hoping that people become aware of whats happening.
    Like RyanCare. Yes, that is what it should be called, as it is his plan and not Trump’s. I really don't understand the whole thing but did hear that people between the ages of 50 - 65, will have a higher tax. My concern is - does that include people who don't use RyanCare?

Anyway. While RyanCare was being pushed through, Donald met with his people, to discuss our country business, at a golf resort. Then played a round of golf. He apparently forgot past tweets
    https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/840700010501156864/photo/1

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindigo

"left-of-center but still rational people" -- this set me off in a giggle fit. oh, i do love to be here with all of you.

anyway, last night i was catching up on watching the last episode of hoarders. this was about a woman who had been a top home designer in greensboro NC. she lived in an enormous gorgeous storybook tudor mansion. her life had gone to ruin, she had lost her wonderful mansion, and she was living in a van. two exceptionally kind men had won the estate at an as-is auction, including the hoard. but they felt so sad for her, they wanted her to take everything she wanted and also to have the money from all of the lovely items that could be auctioned.

midway through the hoard excavation removal, one of her brothers mentioned to the new owners that she was SUING them in a demented effort to get the mansion back. she was thankless, ungrateful, nasty, and intellectually dishonest about how the world worked. the guy's lawyer had to come over to reassure them they were the legal owners and her contempt for the real judicial system was nothing that could hurt them, that her assertions were just reflections of her wishes.

all day long she was ordering everyone around and insisting she could keep everything, instead of helping with the up coming auction for her benefit. she kept saying she had a place where she could store everything, but she refused to give any details about where the supposed storage unit was. she just made things up and bossed people round.

finally matt, boss of the removal crew, pointed out she was the trump of hoarders. he was right on the button, but it startled me that it wasn't edited out. (i know, long story just to say i was surprised to see political views even infiltrating tv shows now.)

finally at 5:00 p.m., the city came out just as it had warned it would with a massive earth-moving grabber thing and picked up every lovely--or not--thing she had "saved" into the public street, and crashed it all into a garbage truck. she drove off smiling in a loaned pick-up truck with big random things she would never be able to use since she lives in the van.

even though she was indeed the self-absorbed lying trump of hoarders, one of the new owners was weeping for her.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And quite the golfer he is, too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Biffster

There are meds available for people with sever delusions, but they only work if you use them. But one thing I think we would all agree on is that you would not want a delusional person running the country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lindigo

12. Lindigo

i think i have caught up with all of the comments. all along i have been raptly awaiting the moment when trump supporters would finally see who he is. so i am curious if there was any effort here to explain away his tweet storm about obama tapping his wires. i didn't see anyone defending or excusing or trying to explain that away.

was this indeed the first time everyone went wide-eyed and stood back?

(i was thinking of your sundowning observation, sharpie, because of the early morning paranoia.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sharpie61

They will explain it away, that he heard it on TV, just like he did with Sweden.
    None the less. He has until tomorrow to show his information, or they will drop the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

You know what kid? I honestly don't even get your point sometimes. A lot of people on this forum are excoriating other people's opinions. It's called the Debaters thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sharpie61

http://wtop.com/dc/2017/03/man-arrested-jumping-white-house-fence-claiming-trumps-friend/

Mace
    The first of many fence jumpers.

16. Sharpie61

17. westwingnut

DOJ asks for more time to address Trump's wiretapping claim

and

White House: Trump Didn’t Mean Wiretapping When He Accused Obama Of Wiretapping

This is so retarded. Trump accused the former President of committing impeachable acts without evidence. Neither his Press Secretary nor the DOJ can find a way to back him up but they also refuse to refute him. I guess there are people out there who are fans of this type of leadership. Only time will tell if this type of behavior is in our long-term national interest.

#1617 westwingnut, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Biffster

I don't think you need time to tell you the answer to that question.

19. Biffster

Just watching a very interesting program on CNN right now:The Most Powerful Man in the World about Vladimir Putin. Now it makes sense why he had a grudge against Hillary Clinton—it's not that ne's pro-Trump so much as anti-Clinton. She dared to kick him while he was down in 2011 it seems. Fascinating story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

sounds like a paranoia issue to me.

• Agree Agree x 1